At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Cheesy Chicken and Mushrooms
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
½ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup reduced fat plain yogurt
½ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup canned mushroom stems and pieces
1 Tablespoon diced pimientos
1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon minced chives
1 Tablespoon reduced fat plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon dry bread crumbs
⅛ teaspoon paprika
1. Flatten chicken to ⅛ inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and yogurt until smooth.
3. Stir in the cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley, and chives.
4. Spread cheese mixture down the center of each piece of chicken. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in an 11 in. x 7 in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Brush yogurt over chicken. Combine bread crumbs and paprika; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals:
5 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
92 mg cholesterol
544 mg sodium
4 g carbohydrate
39 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat