Mexican Breakfast Casseroles
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
8 large eggs
6 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 4 ounce can of green chiles -- chopped
1/2 cup diced jalepeno peppers
2/3 cup extra-sharp cheddar -- shredded
(add sliced tomatoes for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 1. Put butter in 8" square baking pan. Set in 350 degree F oven to melt.
2. Slightly beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until eggs begin to set.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and chiles. Draw a wide metal spatula across bottom of pan several times to break up mixture.
5. Bake, breaking up mixture again several times, for 5 more minutes or until of desired doneness.
6. Serve with tomato sauce, ketchup or chili sauce, if used. Garnish with sliced tomatoes.
Easy Mexican Breakfast Casserole
1 dozen large eggs
1 box of frozen hash browns
1/2 cup water or milk
1 4 oz. can of diced Chile Ortega
1 1/2 cups of mild shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Grease 9x13 baking pan - Cover bottom of pan with hash browns
2. Place cooked bacon or sausage on top of the potatoes if desired.
3. Add half of both of the cheeses and chiles.
5. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, water and 1/2 of the chiles by hand.
6. Pour over the potatoes and top with the rest of the cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes. Check the center for doneness with a knife or toothpick.