This is a moist, flavorful pumpkin bread that has a surprise hint of coconut blended into the batter. With warm fall spices and brown sugar, it’s Fall and Thanksgiving in a loaf. You’ll want to make extra to have with morning coffee or as an afternoon snack.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and coconut milk, and mix until all of the flour is absorbed.
- Fold in the flaked coconut and toasted walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 75