Pizza Casserole Recipe
Pizza in a casserole doesn't get any easier. WIth all the flavor of a pizza pie, this super easy main dish is perfect for those Friday nights when you want pizza but don't want to spend money (or calories and fat) on takeout.
6 ounce package shell macaroni, cooked
8 ounce jar pizza sauce
8 ounce carton riccota cheese
4 ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounce package sliced pepperoni, halved
½ cup onion, chopped
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a 2 quart microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Blend well.
2. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top, cover and microwave on high for 7 to 9 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Rotini with Broccoli in Alfredo Sauce
Meatless Mondays got a lot tastier with this cheesy pasta dish. Chock full of great tasting veggies and covered in a creamy alfredo sauce, this is a meal even the littlest picky eaters will love.
1 (16 ounce) package dried rotini pasta
12 ounces broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
1 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
½ cup butter, melted
1½ cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli and sweet pepper for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together cream and egg yolk, set aside.
3. Drain pasta and return to pan.
4. Add cream mixture, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Sweet brown sugar is the base of the glaze on this incredibly delicious chicken. The recipe uses common pantry items, which makes this perfect for a weeknight dinner. Served with mashed sweet potatoes, this is a Sunday dinner in a 30 minute meal package.
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 ½ pounds), skinned
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons butter
1 large can yams in syrup, drained
cinnamon and butter for yams
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the paprika, salt, cinnamon, cumin, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts and place them on the baking sheet.
4. Position the baking sheet in the upper one-third of the oven and bake 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
6. Cook, stirring, until butter melts and the mixture is well combined.
7. After the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, brush it with the brown sugar glaze and bake 5 minutes longer.
8. Brush the chicken again and bake until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
9. Heat the yams in a saucepan until heated through. Mash with a fork then lightly coat with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
10. Serve the chicken with the yams while hot. Makes 4 servings.
Wagon Wheel Beef Pasta
This hearty pasta dish is extra flavorful with a homemade Italian-style sauce. Wagon wheels add a fun new shape to replace boring and messy long spaghetti, making it a perfect kid pleasing dinner.
3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
1-3/4 cups (1 can) Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cups uncooked medium wagon wheel or corkscrew-shaped pasta
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced and warmed
1. Cook ground beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to break apart the meat. Drain fat.
2. Stir the broth, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic and tomatoes into the skillet and heat to a boil.
3. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover.
5. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes longer or until the pasta is tender. Serve with buttered Italian bread slices.
Fried Potatoes, Green Beans, and Bacon
You can't beat a skillet meal for a quick and easy dinner. This is one of those thrown together dishes that becomes a family favorite...simple, good, hearty food is the stuff family meals are made of.
½ pound bacon
½ cup onion, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled, parboiled, and sliced
1½ pounds green beans, cooked
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
2. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Add onion to skillet, cook until tender. Remove onion from skillet, set aside.
4. Add potatoes to remaining drippings; cook until fork tender.
5. Drain skillet, leaving 1 Tablespoon drippings in skillet.
6. Add bacon, onion, potatoes and cooked green beans to skillet; heat through.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings