- 6 apples
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cinnamon red hot candies
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
- Remove and reserve tops of apples. Core the apples, leaving approximately ½ inch at the bottom. Arrange in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon red hot candies and cinnamon. Fill each apple with the mixture. Replace apple tops. Sprinkle remaining mixture over the apples.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender.