- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes (boiled, drained and peeled)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon brandy (optional)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a shallow 1½ quart baking dish.
- Break up potatoes and puree in a food processor or mash by hand with 5 Tablespoons of the butter.
- Add eggs and remaining ingredients except 1 Tablespoon butter; mix until well-blended.
- Spread evenly in baking dish; dot with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes until top is lightly browned and puffed.