Fish always makes a great staple for any meal. It is healthy and light and it provides a base that can work with a variety of seasonings and sides. The recipe is relatively simple to make. All you need to do is put the fish in a casserole dish, top with the sauce, add the breadcrumbs and bake.
- 2 pounds white fish, your choice
- 10¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1¼ cups sour cream, or plain yogurt
- ½ cup buttered crumbs, or cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Put fish in greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix soup and sour cream. Pour over fish.
- Add poppy seeds to crumbs. Sprinkle on top.
- Cover. Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes, or just until fish flakes easily.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked fish with breadcrumbs, baked fish ideas