Layers of cheese, sauce and ziti pasta.
- 12 ounces ziti
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 2½ cups pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ziti according to the package direction; drain.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 1½ cups of the mozzarella cheese and seasoning, mix well.
- Spoon ½ cup of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Top with 1/3 of the cooked ziti and half of the ricotta mixture.
- Pour over ½ cup of the pasta sauce.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with the remaining pasta, the remaining 1 cup of sauce and remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ziti pasta, baked ziti recipe