- 1– 3 to 3½ pounds boneless beef sirloin roast, cut 1¾-inches thick
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Make five or six 5-inch long slits along the top of the roast, cutting almost through it.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl combine basil and garlic.
4. Stuff mixture into the slits in meat.
5. Tie meat with heavy-duty string to hold slits closed.
6. Drizzle with oil.
7. Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
8. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer.
9. Roast, uncovered, in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; roast for 35 to 40 minutes more or until desired doneness (160°F for medium).
11. Let meat stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Broiling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: basil beef recipe, beef and basil recipe