This recipe uses fresh asparagus, commonly thought of as a spring vegetable. You’ll love the fresh flavor that will remind you of springtime, no matter when you eat it. Only you have to know how truly simple this recipe is to make. It tastes a lot more complex and people will think you spent more time in the kitchen than you really did.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon lemon and herb seasoning
- ½ cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch asparagus, stem ends trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper for taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Add the seasoning and cook for 1 minute until seasoning is fragrant.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and asparagus and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken braised in white wine, braised chicken with asparagus