- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pizza dough, thawed according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until tender and golden brown.
4. Remove the onions from the pan and place in a bowl.
5. In the same pan over medium heat, add the beef and cook for 5 minutes until browned, break up the meat as it cooks; drain fat drippings.
6. Roll dough out into a large circle or rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
7. Transfer the dough to a pizza pan or baking sheet.
8. Top with the beef, onions and bacon.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hamburger pizza, double cheeseburger pizza