Baked ziti is a great dish to eat on its own, but it can also be enhanced when a protein is added. Red meat is an obvious choice as this is a takeoff on the classic spaghetti and meatballs dish. But chicken is a great way to change things up and it is also a leaner, healthier option
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (any variety)
- 4 cups cooked ziti (6 oz. uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 2 quart casserole stir together spaghetti sauce, cooked ziti, chicken, and 1/2 cup Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with rest of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken ziti casserole, baked ziti with chicken recipe