Due to their name alone, lasagna noodles are often thought of as being used solely for lasagna. However, because they are so thick, they come in handy in a variety of dishes with roll up dishes being among the most popular. Lasagna noodles can be stuffed with almost any filling to make a delicious meal.
- 8 long lasagna noodles
- 1 cup diagonally sliced asparagus spears, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 16 ounces alfredo pasta sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- 11/2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Arrange cooked noodles on sheets of waxed paper.
- Cook asparagus in simmering water until crisp-tender; 1 to 2 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 11/4 cups of the cheese, 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce, the asparagus and chicken. Mix well.
- Spoon heaping 1/3 cup of the mixture down center of each lasagna noodle. Roll up; place seam-side down in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese over rolls. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil before serving.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken asparagus roll ups, lasagna roll ups