Similar to quesadillas, these crisps are hearty and satisfying. Even better, they’re quick and easy to make.
- 8 taco-size regular or whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken or leftover roasted or grilled)
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Coat a stovetop grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Arrange 4 of the tortillas on a work surface.
- Top each tortilla with ¼ cup of the Cheddar cheese.
- Combine the chicken and salsa in a bowl.
- Spoon the chicken mixture on top of the Cheddar cheese.
- Top each with the Jack cheese and the second tortilla.
- Transfer the tortillas to the hot grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan-Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tortilla cheese crisps, tortilla chicken crisps