Chicken Parmesan is an Italian classic that everyone loves. The breaded, fried chicken is delicious and is perfectly complemented by the marinara sauce. When served with pasta on the side and maybe a salad, you have a perfect Italian meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and remove the white tendons running through the tenderloins.
- Place each breast between two sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a meat mallet until less than ¼ inch thick.
- Dust the chicken with the flour until well coated on all sides.
- Stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, use a fork to beat the egg with the water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then roll in the seasoned bread crumbs until well coated, patting to make the crumbs adhere to the chicken.
- Use tongs to place the chicken into the pan. Continue adding more chicken pieces until the pan is full but not crowded.
- Fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the cooked pieces and drain well on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread ½ cup of sauce in the baking dish. Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish, overlapping as needed. Spoon the remaining 1 ½ cups sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the chicken is hot.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: garlic parmesan chicken, keto chicken parmesan