If you are looking for other easy chicken pot pie recipes, this one from Campbell’s is recommended. It is more traditional as it does not use the cheesy sauce. It also uses a biscuit baking mix for the crust which can be a great compromise for home cooks who don’t have a lot of time but want to add a homemade touch.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (1 pound) Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 refrigerated pastry for single-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In 2-quart casserole, toss chicken with flour. Stir in cheese sauce and vegetables.
- Cover casserole with prepared pastry. Press pastry around edge of casserole to seal; trim excess pastry, then flute edges.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 20 minutes or until crust is golden and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese pot pie, easy chicken pot pie