While we could have put any chicken salad recipe on our site, we chose to pay homage to the classic recipes of the 1950s. Not dry, not filled with fruit salad…this is the real deal.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Mix chicken, celery, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, mix well.
- Fold in chopped eggs, blending throughout.
- Serve on croissants, soft rolls, in a hollowed out tomato, or on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken salad ideas, chicken salad sandwich recipe