This simple dinner is an easy fix on a busy night. You’re guaranteed that kids will love it and even picky eaters will like the fact that it doesn’t have any unfamiliar ingredients. With beef, tomatoes, cheese, and macaroni, the flavors combine to make a tasty dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 14–1/2 ounces Mexican or chili-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1–1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook ground beef, onion and green pepper in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; pour off excess fat.
3. Add tomatoes, water and taco seasoning; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Toss pasta with meat mixture. Spoon 3 cups of mixture into an 11×7-inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with remaining meat mixture.
6. Cover with foil; bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.
7. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili mac recipe, instant pot chili mac