This is a delicious variation of a cornbread chili casserole. It’s made easier by using cornbread stuffing mix and a skillet to make a belly filling one pan meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in chili gravy, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 ¼ cups packaged cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a large broiler-proof skillet cook beef until brown, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat.
3. Add to beef the undrained chili beans, salsa, and corn; heat through. Spread into an even layer.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine stuffing mix, butter, and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over beef mixture. Broil 3 to 4 inches away from heat for about 2 minutes or until top is golden brown. If using, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top while the dish is still hot.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sauteeing
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: chili cornbread casserole, green chili cornbread