- 2 boneless and skinless turkey breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1½ cups sweetened-dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, set aside and let cool.
- With a sharp knife butterfly breasts open to lay flat (this usually takes 3 cuts, depending on the size of the breasts). Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten with a mallet.
- On each breast, spread prepared stuffing to ¼ inch of the edge. Sprinkle with most of the dried cranberries and all of the chopped pecans.
- Roll up “jellyroll” style, starting with the long end and roll tightly. Tuck in ends and tie in sections with string, about 4 sections around middle and one running the length of the roll to secure the ends.
- Place the olive oil in an oven proof skillet and heat. Carefully brown rolls on all sides. Place skillet in oven, uncovered and bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted draws clear juices. Do not let these get overly dry.
- Allow rolls to set for 15 minutes before slicing (don’t forget to cut off strings) into ½ to ¾ inch circles. Leave one roll whole and slice the other for presentation.
- Stuffing will be spiralled into meat. Present on a platter on a bed of curly lettuce, garnish by sprinkling with the whole pecans and some dried cranberries.