Casseroles are a classic one-dish meal. They’re a welcome staple on any dinner table, especially in the winter, because they’re so warm and hearty.
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced (1⅓ pounds)
- 8 ounces cubed cooked ham
- 1 medium sweet pepper, chopped (¾ cup)
- 1 small sweet yellow onions, chopped (⅓ cup)
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese (4 ounces)
- In a greased 2-quart square baking dish layer half of the potatoes, half of the ham, half of the pepper, half of the onion, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ham, pepper, and onion.
- Top with the remaining potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork potato casserole, cheesy potato casserole