You can make any number of variations on your lasagna dish, but this Italian sausage recipe will really help set it apart.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 15 ounces ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fry the sausage according to package directions.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread one third of the pasta sauce mixture over the bottom of a greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with half of the noodles and half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with a third of the sauce.
- Layer with the remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serves 10.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy sausage lasagna, lasagna sauce