Easy to cook, easy to clean up, and your whole family will love it. For these reasons, green noodles and ham will quickly find its way into your permanent meal rotation.
- 8 ounces dried spinach pasta
- 5 ounces lower-sodium, low-fat ham, all visible fat discarded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons low-fat tub cream cheese
- ¾ cup frozen peas, partially thawed
- ¼ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain well in a colander. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook the ham over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour until smooth. Pour over the ham. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until melted, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the peas. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in the pasta and Parmesan.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham noodles, green noodle recipes