A stromboli is a delicious, cheesy dish that your family is sure to love. It has a lot of the same appealing factors of pizza: ooey gooey cheese and tasty meat on a bread crust.
- 11 ounce tube refrigerated French bread
- ¼– to ½-pound of cooked ham, thinly sliced
- Small onion, diced
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp; crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Saute diced onion until translucent.
- Unroll dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Place ham over dough to within ½-inch of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese.
- Roll up, Jelly-roll style, starting with the long side.
- Pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ham and cheese stromboli, stromboli fillings