- 1 (1 pound) loaf white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cups half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Butter each slice of bread on both sides. Tear buttered bread into little pieces, and put into a very large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs with vanilla, and then pour over bread. Stir in half-n-half and sugar. Pour into a large baking dish, 13 x 9 inches or larger. Sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool. Serve hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60