You may be shocked to hear how simple it is to make your own dairy-free, plant-based butter. It only takes a few minutes to make it. When compared to store-bought vegan butter, it is more cost-friendly, and you can tailor the saltiness or sweetness to your desire. All you need is a blender, a measuring cup, and a container to store it in.
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- First, melt the coconut oil in a warm water bath. The oil should melt within a few minutes and should not be hot.
- While the coconut oil is melting, add the sea salt, olive oil, cornstarch, and vinegar to a blender alternatively use a hand blender and blend until cloudy and frothy.
- Next, add the melted coconut and blend for one minute.
- Finally, put the mixture into a jar or container with a lid and leave it in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours