When pasta is combined with Italian sausage, it gives dishes a flavor that is hearty, rich and authentically Italian. In this Italian sausage and pasta bake dish, all the ingredients come together to make a lasagna like meal that is both filling and delicious.
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each red and green bell peppers, chopped
- 14–1/2 ounces canned Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 8 ounces ziti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded Italian Cheese, divided
- Remove casings from sausage, the cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain fat from pan.
- Add garlic and peppers; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; mix well.
- Stir in pasta, basil and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to 13×9-inch baking dish. Cover and bake in preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over casserole. Continue to bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian sausage pasta bake, pasta bake with sausage