- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces (1 jar) Italian-style pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups ziti pasta, Cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the beef, onion, garlic and salt in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Drain any fat.
3. Stir the sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and pasta in the saucepan.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked ziti with mushrooms, easy baked ziti