This hearty recipe takes the nachos up a level, and it’s easy to make too! Everyone loves nachos but they usually aren’t filling enough for a meal. We combined ground beef seasoned with onion soup and black beans to turn them into belly filling goodness.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 19 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 8 1/2 ounces plain tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapenos for topping, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in soup mix, black beans and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir often to mix all ingredients well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring Occasionally , for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Spread beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Top, if desired, with sliced jalapenos, sliced pitted ripe olives, chopped tomato and chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sauteeing
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: beef nachos recipe, shredded beef nachos