Orange sesame gives ribs a tangy kick as well as an authentic Asian taste right in the comfort of your own home. Find out what you can do to make this dish for your family as well as other variations your hungry crew is sure to love.
- 2½ to 3 pounds boneless pork country-style ribs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1– 10 ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1– 7¼ ounce jar hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Trim fat from ribs.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Cook ribs in hot skillet until brown on all sides. Drain fat.
- Place ribs in a 3½ to 4 quart slow cooker.
- In medium bowl stir together orange marmalade, hoisin sauce, garlic and sesame oil.
- Pour the mixture over ribs in cooker, stir to coat ribs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 10 hours or on high heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Place ribs on serving platter.
- Skim fat from sauce.
- Spoon some of the sauce over ribs.
- Serve with hot cooked rice (optional).
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Slow Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sesame and orange, slow cooker ribs