This recipe combines the succulent taste of a chicken breast with all the savory flavors of ham.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto or cooked ham, cut into very thin strips
- 103/4 ounces (one can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 11/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat overn to 375°F.
- Place the chicken in a 13×9×2 inch shallow baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour off any fat.
- Evenly place the prosciutto in the dish on top of each piece of chicken.
- In a medium bowl, stir the soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper until well combined.
- Spoon mixture over the chicken and prosciutto. Bake for 30 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when chicken is cut.
- Serve with mashed or baked potatoes with the sauce spooned over chicken and potatoes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: juicy chicken breast, ham sauce