- 6 thick slices of applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2–1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cups shredded Colby-Jack Cheese, divided
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
- Use a slotted spatula to transfer bacon to a paper towel; set aside.
- Add flour to drippings in pan; cook and stir 30 seconds, being sure to scrape up and browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add milk and salt; bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently, watch closely to avoid scalding.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1-1/4 cups cheese until melted.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and tomatoes. Transfer to a greased 9-inch baking dish or shallow 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Mix to avoid top drying out. Crumble and sprinkle reserved bacon and remaining cheese over macaroni; continue to bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American