- 1¼ pounds flank or skirt steak
- 2 Tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coat a stovetop grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and the cracked peppercorns.
- Place the steak on the hot pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing crosswise (against the grain) into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Melt the butter, thyme and Worcestershire sauce together in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Serve the steak slices with the butter sauce spooned over the top.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brandy peppercorn sauce, whiskey peppercorn sauce