The recipe we offer here is pretty basic, but it does include the addition of bacon, pepperoni and sausage which can make the snack heartier.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 bag frozen french fries (about 3 pounds)
- Cheese (cheese curds or cubed mozzarella)
- 2 cups cooked crumbled bacon, pepperoni or sausage
- Bake french fries according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in flour and stir for one minute. Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, whisking frequently until smooth
- Season gravy with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1 1/2 cups of gravy.
- To serve : place hot french fries in bowl. Sprinkle with a handful of cheese then pour hot gravy on top. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, pepperoni or sausage.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy poutine recipe, poutine french fries