- 8 small Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- ¾ cup pumpkin butter
- ½ (14 ounce) package pumpkin quick bread mix
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the apples and pumpkin butter. Spread evenly into an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mix into a bowl, and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the apples are tender enough to insert a fork. Serve warm with whipped cream.