- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and flour a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together ¾ cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Mix in walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ⅓ cup butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually blend in sugar, then beat until smooth. Spread over cooled pumpkin bars. Cut into squares.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 33