Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins take two amazing flavors and combine them to make a decadent chocolaty pumpkin treat. These are a sweet muffin which makes them perfect for mixing up the bread basket or the morning pastry platter. Moist, richly spiced and bursting with pumpkin flavor, these may take the place of plain pumpkin muffins at your table.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease two 12 cup muffin pans, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl; mix in the sugar, pumpkin and oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend into the egg and pumpkin mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer to the muffin pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans, and cool on a wire rack.