- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and evaporated milk. Mix until smooth and pour into 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top the pumpkin mixture with yellow cake mix (dry), melt butter and drizzle over cake mix until covered. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool uncovered and serve.