This trusty sloppy joe recipe has the perfect blend of sauce and spices to make tasty, hearty sandwiches.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3/4 cup Dr. Pepper (or regular cola)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix ground turkey and ground beef together in a large bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the meat with the onion and green pepper. Drain.
- In large bowl, mix all other ingredients well. Pour over hamburger meat in skillet.
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve on hamburger buns.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stewing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade sloppy joe recipe, sloppy joe casserole