- 4 cups cooked yellow crook neck squash
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups crushed Cheez-it crackers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- Cook the squash, onion, butter, salt and pepper until onion and squash are tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients except for ¾ cup of the crackers and ¾ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole and top with remaining crackers and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.