The seasonings cook into the steak over the long cook time, leaving you with a hearty and savory dish. By the time the meat is done the cooking, it’s filled with flavor and falling apart.
- 2 pounds round steak, 1 inch thick
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes, with juice, cut up
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper; pound into meat.
2. Brown meat on both sides in hot oil in large Dutch oven or skillet.
3. Top with onion and tomatoes.
4. Bake covered for 1¾ hours 350°F or until tender.
5. Add water if necessary.
Optional-If desired, add ¼ cup chopped green peppers the last 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy swiss steak recipe, old fashioned swiss steak