Ham and potatoes may seem like a pretty basic meal, but this is a dish that takes it to the next level. The ingredients are combined to make a casserole like dish that works perfectly with the other ingredients. Read on to find out more about how you can make it for your family.
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 to 4 cups cooked ham chunks
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut into chunks and place in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add 2″ water cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until tender (poke with fork).
- Mash potatoes with an electric mixer, adding some cooking water to keep them from being too stiff.
- Mix in garlic salt.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Scatter ham over potatoes.
- Whip heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold cheddar cheese into whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture over top of ham.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving to allow potatoes to firm up.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy whipped potatoes, ham side dishes for thanksgiving