- 4 slices turkey bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- ½ pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) wild rice cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ½ pound turkey breakfast sausage, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In medium-size skillet, over medium heat, sauté bacon until almost crisp.
- Add onion, celery and mushrooms; continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- In large bowl combine bacon mixture, wild rice, bread crumbs, sausage, oregano and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon stuffing into lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F 35 to 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40