2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups white sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup anise seed
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl until very light.
2. Add sugar and butter. Cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry Ingredients: and combine.
4. Knead dough until smooth ... add more flour to get a more smooth dough if necessary. Cover dough and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. Roll onto slightly floured board to 1/2 inch thickness. Then roll again with springerle roller to make designs. Cut at border. Sprinkle anise seed on clean tea towel and place cookies on this. Allow to stand overnight (don't cover) to dry.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 325 degrees F (170 degrees C). Cool completely.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.