Key Lime Coolers
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Key Lime Glaze — (recipe follows)
KEY LIME GLAZE
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
4 teaspoons Key lime or regular lime juice
1.. Heat oven to 350º. Beat butter and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon.
2. Stir in flour, cornstarch, lime peel and vanilla until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Press bottom of glass into dough to grease, then dip into granulated sugar; press on shaped dough until 1/4 inch thick.
4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Brush with Key Lime Glaze.
KEY LIME GLAZE:
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups sour cream
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.. Heat oven to 350º. Mix sugar, egg and sour cream in large bowl with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Spoon dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly floured surface; roll in flour to coat.
3. Shape into rope, 7 to 8 inches long. Form each rope into figure 8, tucking ends under, on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
20 to 25 maraschino cherries
20 to 25 chocolate chips
1.. Cream sugar and butter well. Add vanilla extract, flour and salt. Mix well.
2. Stuff cherries with chocolate chips. Wrap each cherry in 1 teaspoon dough.
3. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool.
4. Dip tops of cookies in melted chocolate.
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine — melted
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1.. Beat all ingredients with spoon until smooth. Heat krumkake iron over small electric or gas unit on medium-high heat until hot (grease lightly if necessary).
2. Pour scant tablespoon batter onto iron; close gently.
3. Heat each side about 15 seconds or until light golden brown. Keep iron over heat at all times.
4. Carefully remove cookie. Immediately roll around cone-shape roller. Remove roller when cookie is set. Cool on wire rack.