Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies in a Jar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup raisins
1. Sift together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda and salt, then place in the bottom of a 1-quart glass mason jar. Tamp down the flour mixture so it is packed in firmly.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order given, making sure to pack down each layer firmly before adding the next. Screw the lid on the jar. Decorate the lid with ribbon or fabric.
Attach the following directions:
Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
Note: Store this jar in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months before using.
To make your oatmeal raisin spice cookies use the contents of this jar plus:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Empty the jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl, blend the mixture thoroughly.
3. Stir in butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until completely blended.
4. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. Makes 36 cookies.