- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup water
- 2–15 ounce cans refried beans
- 1–2 lbs. hamburger
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes
1. In large mixing bowl, mix baking mix, water and refried beans together.
2. Spread in a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
3. Brown hamburger in a skillet, drain of drippings.
4. Spoon browned hamburger over bean “crust”.
5. Spread with salsa and cover with cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
7. Optional – serve with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes as toppings.
8. Spread with salsa and cover with cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 Mintues
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy mexican dishes, mexican casserole