This is an authentic, trusted delicious banana cake recipe and I guarantee, you won’t have you worry about the end result. It’s our very own moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
- 3 pureed bananas, very ripe
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13″ baking pan or two 9″ layer cake pans.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
- To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
- Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
- Bake layer cakes (9″) for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9×13″) for 35-40 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy banana cake recipe, best banana cake recipe