When we think of cakes, chocolate, angel food and even strawberry are all common flavors. But banana cake…that’s not one we think of very often.
However, banana cake is a popular dessert in Chinese, Indonesian and Vietnamese cuisine. It can be prepared as a layer cake or made into muffins or cupcakes.
Banana cake can be prepared in a variety of ways. It is typically made using banana as the primary ingredient. Flour, eggs, butter, oil and sugar are added to give it its taste and consistency. Nuts and chocolate are favorable combinations that can be used in the cake.
The dessert can be topped with an icing or glaze which can include bourbon or other alcoholic beverages. Garnishes like candy, sliced bananas or other fruits can be added to make the dish appear more attractive and enhance the taste.
The Best Banana Cake Recipe
Banana cake has always been my youngest son's favorite cake, so he agreed to help create the ultimate recipe. This banana cake recipe is the best, the one he and I tested in our little kitchen until it was perfect.
We tried different amounts of some of the ingredients, different timing while preparing, and adjusted the baking time. We made three cakes that day, and this recipe is the result of persistence in baking until we got the perfect banana cake.
It's an authentic, trusted delicious banana cake recipe and I guarantee, you won't have you worry about the end result. It's our very own moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting; the cake to serve at the end of memorable meals.
A luscious banana puree keeps it moist, and the sinfully delicious cream cheese frosting envelops the golden hued cake.
The aroma of vanilla and bananas will permeate your kitchen, tempting you to eat dessert first. Don't give in! This is one cake that's worth getting through a meal for. Don't settle for imitations, this is the best Banana Cake Recipe out there!
Easy Banana Cake Recipe and IngredientsPrint
This is an authentic, trusted delicious banana cake recipe and I guarantee, you won’t have you worry about the end result. It’s our very own moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
- 3 pureed bananas, very ripe
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13″ baking pan or two 9″ layer cake pans.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
- To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
- Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
- Bake layer cakes (9″) for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9×13″) for 35-40 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy banana cake recipe, best banana cake recipe