Last Updated on
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
This is a delicious pumpkin cake recipe that gives you a wonderful alternative to the same old pumpkin pie at holiday dinners. Moist and warmly spiced, the pumpkin flavor shines through and is perfect frosted with cream cheese frosting.
1 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 can pumpkin (15-oz)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Mix the dry ingredients (except the sugar) together and set aside.
2. Cream sugar and shortening; add the eggs. Add this to the dry mixture and cream well.
3. Add pumpkin and vanilla; Mix well.
4. Pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
5. Bake about 90 min at 350 degrees F.
6. Cream cheese frosting may be added, but this pumpkin cake is moist and keeps well for several days without any topping.